This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xxxvii that begins with:
WHat guyle is this, that those her golden tresses,
She doth attyre vnder a net of gold:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbcbccdcdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11001101010 111010101 10111100010 1101111101 0011111111 1101001101 1101110001 1101111101 1111111111 11110111001 01011011 10011111011 1000110101 011011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 607
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ye is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xxxvii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.