This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xxxiiii that begins with:
Lyke as a ship that through the Ocean wyde,
by conduct of some star doth make her way.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaaXaXbXbXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101110101 1100111101 1001110101 1001110101 1111110011 1001010010 1101010101 1101010111 1111110101 110011011 0101111111 0101011101 11110100100 0101011100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 593
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xxxiiii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.