This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Xlvii that begins with:
TRust not the treason of those smyling lookes,
vntill ye haue theyr guylefull traynes well tryde:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXbabbXbXcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11010011010 11111001011 1111111010 1001011111 11010101111 101110101 110111011 1111010101 111010101 011101101 111100011 11010100110 1101111111 1111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 648
- Average number of words per stanza: 116
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; them, her are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Xlvii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.