This is an analysis of the poem Sonnet Lxxxvii that begins with:
SInce I did leaue the presence of my loue,
Many long weary dayes I haue outworne:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXaXXaXaXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101010011 10110101110 1101110101 110101011 111101110 1111010111 11111100110 111111010 1101010101 1111010001 11010011001 1101001101 1101111101 11010110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 597
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; day is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sonnet Lxxxvii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.