This is an analysis of the poem Poem 2 that begins with:
EArly before the worlds light giuing lampe,
His golden beame vpon the hils doth spred,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXaXabbXcccXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100101111 010110111 110011001 1101101101 100101101 110101 1001110001 1111010101 00111101001 11001000111 011101 1001111101 110110111 111101011001 100100101 1101101 1100011101 110111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 717
- Average number of words per stanza: 138
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Poem 2;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.