This is an analysis of the poem Until The Dawn that begins with:
WHEN head and hands and heart alike are weary;
When Hope with folded wings sinks out of sight; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaba cddddX cX Xeee bdXdaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,2,4,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111101110 1101011101 11110101010 0111010101 11110101110 1101010001 001101100110 0111110101 11010101110 1111011101 11111101110 11110101000 11111101010 11110011101 10111110011 1100011101 11011101010 1101110111 10111111110 0111100101 01111001110 1111111111 01000111110 1111110100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 236
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; when, her, for, our are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words when, still, while, who, if are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Until The Dawn;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.