This is an analysis of the poem To One Who Pleaded For Candour In Love that begins with:
HERE is the dim enchanted wood
Your face, a mystery divine,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eded fgfgXabab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10010101 11010001 11011101 01010101 01010111 10110101 01010011 10110101 11010101 11010111 11110011 11110111 11111101 11001101 11110111 10111101 11111111 11011101 10011111 11010110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To One Who Pleaded For Candour In Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.