This is an analysis of the poem Through The Wood that begins with:
THROUGH the wood, the green wood, the wet wood, the light wood,
Love and I went maying a thousand lives ago; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab acac adad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011011011 111110010101 1010111101011 011010011111 101011011011 101110110111 1110101111111 101110110111 101011011011 101010110111 1110100111111 11111011001001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wood is repeated.
The author used the same word through at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Through The Wood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.