This is an analysis of the poem The Kiss that begins with:
The snow is white on wood and wold,
The wind is in the firs,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefgege Xcbceded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111 010001 11110001 110101 10011111 111111 101010101 110111 01110111 101101 11111111 111111 10010100 010111 11010101 1101011 10111101 010011 11011011 0100101 11111101 011101 11111011 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Kiss;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.