This is an analysis of the poem The Fields Of Flanders that begins with:
Last year the fields were all glad and gay
With silver daisies and silver may;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd eeff ccccXddaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 110101111 010101101 1010110101 1111101001 010111011 0101101101 110110101 1101101001 101001101001 010101001 010100111 1101001101 010100101 01000101111 100101111011 0100101001 010101101 1101101101 1111101001 111101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fields Of Flanders;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.