This is an analysis of the poem The Ferry that begins with:
DRAW close the curtains, and shut out
The spring's green glow and glitter; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccaX dbeedb fghhfg eciiec jXffjb kdddkd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010111 0111110 010101001 01111100 010001001 0101010 01110111 1101110 01011101 01110101 011000111 1111010 10010111 0101010 11011101 11010101 10010111 1100010 01011101 0111110 01011101 11010001 11110101 1111110 11111111 0101111 11011101 11000101 11111011 1101110 11011111 0101011 00010111 010010111 11011101 1111011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 202
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Ferry;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.