This is an analysis of the poem The Depths Of The Sea that begins with:
FOR A PICTURE BY E. BURNE JONES
... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a b XX bccXbccbddeffe X aggaaggacceeee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,2,14,1,14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10101111 1 101011100 100 0111000101 1101011111 1101100101 1100010100 1111011111 1001011111 0111011101 01111100000 1111010101 0111111101 11010100001 111010111110 10110101010 0111011111 1 0111011101 1001011111 1111010101 10111101001 0110010101 10010101111 1111010111 1101110101 1111010001 1101000101 1111010101 1111111111 1111011101 1111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 222
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Depths Of The Sea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.