This is an analysis of the poem The Daisies that begins with:
In the great green park with the wooden palings -
The wooden palings so hard to climb,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabacddceecXaX dfXfdgXbbfghbhbccffdddii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00111001010 010101101 111111111100 11110101 1100100101 1011011010 1001101010 101101111 11100111001 11111011010 1011101 11010 011011 111111111 00101001010 010101101 11110100100110 010010101 10110111010 1101001 0010011101 010101011 010111101 1101001001 11111011 11010111110 010101 1111111110 110101 110110101 110100111 11111001001 1011010101 11101101010 01101101010 11101011010 111110101 111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 741
- Average number of words per stanza: 142
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, millions, them are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, millions, to are repeated.
The author used the same word in at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines faces is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Daisies;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.