This is an analysis of the poem The Beatific Vision that begins with:
OH God! if I do my duty
And walk in the thorny way,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd cebedfdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011110 1100101 0111010010 100101 0111010010 10111101 010111110 0111111 111001010 111010101 11101111011 001111 11111010 01111001 111010010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 263
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Beatific Vision;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.