This is an analysis of the poem Summer Song that begins with:
THERE are white moon daisies in the mist of the meadow
Where the flowered grass scatters its seeds like spray,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXbcbc dedeecec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111100010011 10101100111 111010101111 11111010111 1010101010111 0101110110111 10111011010101 01010111 1010111010010 10111000101 101110001110 1000111101 1010111011111 010101010111 10101010010101 001010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 417
- Average number of words per stanza: 79
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; there, and, grass, lamps are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words there, where are repeated.
The author used the same word there at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word old at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase shiver connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Summer Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.