This is an analysis of the poem Spring Song Iii that begins with:
HERE'S the Spring-time, Sweet!
Earth's green gown is new, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbbcbC ababbcbC abXbbcbC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100111 11101 10101 10101 10101 00111 10101 010101 11001 10101 10111 10111 101111 01101 101011 010101 10101 100101 101010 10111 10111 11111 11101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Spring Song Iii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.