This is an analysis of the poem Out Of Hope that begins with:
IF through the rain and wind along the street,
Where the wet stone reflects the flickering gas, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefegeg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0101110101 10110101001 11010111001 1001011101 0101011101 1100011111 1101111101 1111 1111111011 0111010101 1101011111 1111011110 1011111101 0111110011 1011110101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 351
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Out Of Hope;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.