This is an analysis of the poem Magic that begins with:
What was the spell she wove for me?
Life was a common useful thing,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcabcba defdefXd gheghefg fiefigef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 11010101 11000101 01010101 10111100 11010111 01111101 10001111 11110111 01010001 110101010 10010111 11111011 010101010 11010101 10111111 11110101 00010111 110101110 01110101 111100101 0101010010 10011110 01010101 11011110 01110001 01110111 01011100 101010111 11011111 01010101 11111100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 269
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase her connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Magic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.