This is an analysis of the poem In Eclipse that begins with:
PALE veil of mist bound round the trees
Pale fringe of rain upon the hills, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbc dadXadad ededcfcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 11010101 11111101 11010101 11110101 01110101 110100001 111101 11011111 11010111 10110101 10111101 10111101 11110101 11010101 111101 00110111 01011101 10010101 11110101 11010111 01011101 11111101 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 280
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In Eclipse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.