This is an analysis of the poem Ghosts that begins with:
YES--kiss my forehead where the pain
Is grinding outwards from my brain! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbaaccddd eeffgghhaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110101 01010011 10110111 011111011 11110011 10111100 11011111 11111111 11111101 01110101 10011100 11010101 10110001 11111101 11110111 11110111 11110111 11111111 11010101 01111101 010011111 11111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 413
- Average number of words per stanza: 79
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ghosts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.