This is an analysis of the poem Chagrin D'Amour that begins with:
IF Love and I were all alone
I might forget to grieve,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcbcb dedefgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01110101 110101 11010111 1100101 11111111 010111 11110111 111101 01110111 110101 11111101 010111 11111101 0101010 11111101 0111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chagrin D'Amour;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.