This is an analysis of the poem A Brown Study that begins with:
LET them sing of their primrose and cowslip,
Their daffodil-gold-coloured hair, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcdc ceXefaca gbbbfafa hihiXbab XgdgXbhb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111110 11011101 1111111100 101101111 1110110011 01011101 010111010 101011011 111110110 11101101 011110110 101011001 0011010111 11101111 111010010 111001011 0010011110 101101101 110011111 01011111 011011011 101001001 110010110 101101111 011010110 11011001 110111010 01011011 1111111011 01101111 1000010111 110111011 1011111010 011111001 0011111110 01001101 111111110 011111001 1111010010 101101111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 328
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their, of, brown, i, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words their, the, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Brown Study;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.