This is an analysis of the poem Black Flag! that begins with:
Run up your Black Flag,
Skull and crossbones display!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abacbcc adaedee dcc abafbfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,3,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 111101 111101111 11011001 01000001 10101001 101011011 111011 11111001 1011001 111101010 101011101 10101011 111101010 1111001 1111011 1101111 1010111 1001010 001111101 10010001 1100101 1001010 11101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; have is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Black Flag!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.