This is an analysis of the poem Many Soldiers that begins with:
The idea danced before us as a flag;
The sound of martial music;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXcdeefcXddbaXcXdXfXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00101011101 0101010 01010001 0100011101 01010111 01010010101 110100110011 101010011 110010101 11011101010 111101101 110100101 0111110 01011101 0101010 11010101010 110101 11010111 1000101 11010101 11110101 11010101 00101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 817
- Average number of words per stanza: 152
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Many Soldiers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.