This is an analysis of the poem Adam Weirauch that begins with:
I was crushed between Altgeld and Armour.
I lost many friends, much time and money...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbabcdXedabXeceXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 19,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110110110 1110111110 10110110010 01101000101100 1101001110110 1010111101 1110111010 011001011011 1011 1101100101011 101001111 101000011010100 011010100011010 11110101011010 110101001111 1101101111 01111001011 1101010111 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 818
- Average number of words per stanza: 151
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, me are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adam Weirauch;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.