This is an analysis of the poem Mary that begins with:
The angel of self-discipline, her guardian
Since she first knew and had to go away...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdXefdgahiehdgcjkjjgkhbgXghhijahdaXjhXeef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 43,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010011000100 1111110101 011010101010 0101010111 1001110101 010101011010 101010101111 10011101011 1100010111 1101111101 110010100110 01010010000 01001101010 10011111011 1110110101 0101010111 1101111101 1010101010 01110111010 1011010101 01010100111 0101010101 1010111010100 011010011010 1101011101 1111011111 11000110101 10001111101 1101010101 1100010101 1011010101 1101011111 11001101010 10111100011 1001011001 1011011001 1010110111 1111001001 1101011101 01011111100 101110010 110011010100010 1001001011010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1944
- Average number of words per stanza: 335
- Amount of lines: 43
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.