This is an analysis of the poem The Valley Of Unrest that begins with:
Once it smiled a silent dell
Where the people did not dwell;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbccdddeebbbfffccggddbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 27,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 1010011 1111001 1000111 10011010 01101010 0010111 01111001 11100101 0110100 1010100 1010111 10010101 11111111 11001011 01010100 111111110 110101010 010001110 100100111 0100100101 10010111 11010101 11011101 01011101 110111001 010010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1069
- Average number of words per stanza: 157
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Valley Of Unrest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.