This is an analysis of the poem The Willing Horse that begins with:
I'd rather be the willing horse that people ride to death
Than be the proud and haughty steed that children dare not touch;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcccdeeed fgfgggghiiih Xgegjjjafffa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11000101110101 10011101110111 11010101110101 11010101010111 11110100 11010011 01010101 110101 01011011 11010101 110011101 110111 1111011101111111 11101101100101 1111111111110101 01010011111101 11100101 11000111 01010111 110101 11010101 11110111 11010101 110101 11100101111101000 11010101110101 1100010101110011 10011101010101 111100010 11011101 11110101 111101 01110111 11011111 01011001 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 500
- Average number of words per stanza: 102
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, my, to, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Willing Horse;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.