This is an analysis of the poem The Lamb Skin that begins with:
It is not ornamental, the cost is not great,
There are other things far more useful, yet truly I state,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb aaaX ccXX ccaX bbaa bbdd bbdd eeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 001101001011 11101111011011 101110011101 011101011101 101111011011 111001111111 11011011011 011011101010 11101111111 11101101101 110111001001 11101111011 100111011001 1111111111 101111101111 101011011111 01011111011 00111111001 11101011111 11011011001 101011011001 01001111011 11001011001 11101101011 11111011001 11001101011 11101011101 11101011101 110010101101 01001011011 11111001101 111111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 196
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, that, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word that is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines ' is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Lamb Skin;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.