This is an analysis of the poem The Bright Side that begins with:
KINDER like to see the bright side,
See the gay and dancing light side,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabaaab cccbdddb eeefgggf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101011 10111011 10011011 0011101 10101011 101010101 101010101 1010011 10101110 11101010 10111010 0010101 10101010 10101110 101000010 11110101 10111110 11100010 01101010 0110101 01111010 10101010 10111010 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 263
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; see, side, and, them, you'll are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words see, and, if are repeated.
The author used the same word kinder at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines side, them are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Bright Side;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.