This is an analysis of the poem Silent that begins with:
I did not argue with the man,
It seemed a waste of words....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bXbX bcbX dbdbXdcdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110001 010101 11010101 111101 11010101 110101 11010101 110001 11111101 110101 11110011 1100010 11111100 111101 01110101 010001 11111101 110101 11110101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Silent;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.