This is an analysis of the poem Laughter that begins with:
Laughter sort o' settles breakfast better than digestive pills;
Found it, somehow in my travels, cure for every sort of ills;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabb ccddXX eeffgg hhiihh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101110101010101 1011011011100101 101011110111101 101011101110101 001110101110101 101010100110111 101010101110101 1110111011100011 111010111110101 101011101010101 111000101110110 111110101010111 101111101110111 111011101110111 101010100111111 111111101010101 100110101010101 101010101110110 0111101010010101 100110101011111 111000101011101 001010111010101 101111101010101 101010101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 387
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 64 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', to, when, for are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Laughter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.