This is an analysis of the poem Be A Friend that begins with:
Be a friend. You don't need money;
Just a disposition sunny;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcXcc aaaaddcc bbbbeecc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 00111110 10101010 10101010 10111110 10101010 10111000 1000111 0011111 00111110 10001010 11101010 11101010 10111010 10111010 1010101 1010001 00101010 11101010 10111010 01101010 11101010 10100110 1010001 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Be A Friend;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.