This is an analysis of the poem Answering The Usual Questions that begins with:
My name is Johnny Vincent Brown,
I live on Leicester Court, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefdgdg bhbhXici
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101 111101 11111111 111111 11110111 1111011 111011101 110101 10001101 111101 11111111 010101 11111101 111101 11111111 111101 11010111 111111 11110111 110101 10011111 110101 10111111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 244
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; an', i, i'm are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words an', i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Answering The Usual Questions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.