This is an analysis of the poem When The World Is Burning that begins with:
WHEN the world is burning,
Fired within, yet turning ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXabccbdddb aaeXaXeXXbaXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010 1001110 10101 111100 1011110 111101 101011 101011 1101 111110 111010 101110 10101 101010 101010 10111 101100 100110 111100 100111 101110 111010 11111 001110 111100 100010 10001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 454
- Average number of words per stanza: 60
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When The World Is Burning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.