This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
At her Junior High School graduation,
she sings alone...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab cdX eXf cfa Xbd Xgd egb XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111010 1101 0100101 01010010 1101000 011001 0110 100111 1011 10110110 01001010 1011011 1010010 10011 01010111 0101010 11101111 00110 001101 01010101 101011 0101100 11010110 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 79
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.