This is an analysis of the poem The Conversation Of Prayer that begins with:
The conversation of prayers about to be said
By the child going to bed and the man on the stairs...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Abcda baabb cXAec cedXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010100101001 1011001101101 11001010011 0111001001101 101010111001 100110111001 00010010011 001101101101 01010010011 101001110111 00011101111 101101101010 010100101001 1101101101101 011111010111 0010001010011 101110011101 11001111011 11011110101 10110101111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 253
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, be, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Conversation Of Prayer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dylan Thomas
- Analysis of Hold Hard, These Ancient Minutes In The Cuckoo's Month
- Analysis of To-Day, This Insect
- Analysis of On No Work Of Words