This is an analysis of the poem On A Wedding Anniversary that begins with:
The sky is torn across
This ragged anniversary of two...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbX abXa bXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101 0101010001 1111001 1011011 111101 1110101101 01001110 10011111 110011 1101011110 01010011 1011011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Wedding Anniversary;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Dylan Thomas
- Analysis of Was There A Time
- Analysis of A Saint About To Fall
- Analysis of The Hand That Signed The Paper