This is an analysis of the poem I Have Longed To Move Away that begins with:
I have longed to move away
From the hissing of the spent lie...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AaaaaAbcdb eeeeccddaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 00100011 1011001001 101100101 1100100011 1110101 001010001 1111001 11010110 10100111 11101011101 11101101 1001110101 11000011111 1011101 0100101 1110010 1110110 11111101 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 341
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Have Longed To Move Away;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.