This is an analysis of the poem Grief Thief Of Time that begins with:
Grief thief of time crawls off,
The moon-drawn grave, with the seafaring years,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbabcadcbba efefeadcdcdbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,14,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 0111001000 010111 0111111001 010101 1111110111 110101 1001110101 010101 1001010101 110101 1111010111 11011001010 11000110001 1111010111 110001 0101000101 110101 1101110101 110111 1101011101 1010101 1101010101 101011 1111000101 110101 11011101001 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 520
- Average number of words per stanza: 97
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Grief Thief Of Time;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.