This is an analysis of the poem A Grief Ago that begins with:
A grief ago,
She who was who I hold, the fats and the flower,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcaddb ebfebggf hbihbffi cajjakkX Xflafhhl
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101 111111011010 11010001101 1111 01010101010 1111 1101010101 1101 1011 01001001010 1111000101 1101 11110101010 1101 0111010101 1001 1111 11000100010 1001110101 1101 01010001010 1111 0111000101 01010 1101 11010101110 11010001001 0101 11010011010 1111 0101011001 1011 0101 01011101110 1100010101 01010 10010111110 1011 1101011101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, her are repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The words/phrases she, shape connect the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Grief Ago;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.