This is an analysis of the poem The Half-Breed Girl that begins with:
She is free of the trap and the paddle,
The portage and the trail,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaba cded fghg giji kafa ghXh Xcbc Xckc Xggg kgdg glblXdeje
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010011010 010101 110010101 110101 0111010 111001 10111010 110111 1001010 11100101 1010100101 010101 1001010 1110101 01001011 100101 11101010 0011001 0111110 011111 0101110 1010101 0101110 01101 11001010 011111 010001111 0010101 110010010 10101011 11110110 00100101 1101110 1010001 101001010 101011 01010010 10110 1111111 1010101 0110010 11011 011010101 110110 110010010 011101 101001010 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, for, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, for are repeated.
The author used the same words oft, she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Half-Breed Girl;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.