This is an analysis of the poem The Little Lodge Of Long Ago that begins with:
The Little Lodge of long ago —
It wasn't very much for show; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeaa ffggccgghhii ddddXXjjffcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 01010111 11010101 11011101 10110101 11111111 11010101 01010101 11011101 01000101 01010111 01010101 11110101 01100101 01110101 11011101 01010101 11011101 11100011 11010111 11111101 01010101 11010101 01100101 00010111 01011101 10011101 11110101 010001010 01010111 11010011 01010001 01000101 01010101 00010101 11011100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 402
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Little Lodge Of Long Ago;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.