This is an analysis of the poem Father's Lodge that begins with:
Father's lodge, I well remember,
wasn't large as lodges go,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcd efefagag XdXdhehe ceceagag XdXdhfhf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 1011101 11100010 1000101 11101010 1110001 10101010 1011101 10111000 1110111 11101010 1010001 10101010 1010101 11100010 1011101 10111010 1010101 10100010 1011101 10101010 1010101 10111110 1011111 10111010 0010101 10101010 1010001 10111110 0011111 10101010 1010101 10111010 1011101 10101010 1011101 10100010 1110101 11111010 0010011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Father's Lodge;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.