This is an analysis of the poem To The Australian Eleven that begins with:
You have bearded the lion in his den,
You have singed the original cricket...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcc dXdeaa fefecc dXdagg Xfffhh ihihaa fjjjaaXjjfjdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110010001 1110010010 0101111001 101001010 110010101 1010100101 1111101001 101100010 1110111111 101001010 01101000010 11101010110 1111010101 101000010 0101101111 011001010 0010100101 100100101 1110101111 011001010 0101100111 111110011 10101001011 11011001111 11101000100 101010010 11001001010 101011010 01111101110 11011011010 1110101111 011011010 1010010101 101101010 1010101101 1111101001 11011111011 101001011 0111010111 101010011 01111110010 01101010010 0101101110 100010011 0100111100 011110111 1110111111 1011011111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 232
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; his, like, to, or, of, as, and, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, and, or, to, the are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To The Australian Eleven;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.