This is an analysis of the poem The Satin Dress that begins with:
Needle, needle, dip and dart,
Thrusting up and down,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd eXeX aeae fbfb aeaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 10111 1011101 10101 1010111 10101 1011111 10101 1010101 1010 1010101 10101 1010101 100101 1011101 10101 1010101 10101 1001101 10101 1010101 10101 1011111 100110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, for are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Satin Dress;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.