This is an analysis of the poem My Country that begins with:
The love of field and coppice
Of green and shaded lanes, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaaabaXa caaaaded bfafagbg Cdbdefcf ChfhXaba chehXdcd X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101110 011101 0101110 010011 1101110 111111 1111010 110101 1101010 010101 0101010 011101 1101010 110101 0101010 011111 0111110 110001 01001010 011101 1100010 11101 1101011 110111 1011110 010011 1111011 110101 1101110 111101 0100110 010101 1011110 100111 11110110 111111 1001010 110101 0101010 110111 1101010 010101 1111110 101101 1111010 010111 1101110 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 196
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, i, the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word core at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Country;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.