This is an analysis of the poem Rain After Drought that begins with:
All night the small feet of the rain
Within the garden ran,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AaaAXbcbXXcXAabA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011001 010101 11010101 010101 01110111 010101 11000111 0110011 1110101 110101 01010001 111100 11011001 011101 11110111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 488
- Average number of words per stanza: 90
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Rain After Drought;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.