This is an analysis of the poem Twilight Of The Illicit that begins with:
You, with your long blank udders
And your calms,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXa baBACA dcacac decefe fdfdXdXdaBACA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011110 111 1101011 101 01001010 111 1111011 101 0101111 101 1110101 1011 1101110 111 1110111 01 101101100 001 11110001 01 0010111 1101 1110100 1111 1011100 01011 1010100 0101 10101010 111 11110001 0110 0101111 101 1110101 1011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 140
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
The author used the same word your at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Twilight Of The Illicit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.