This is an analysis of the poem Suicide that begins with:
They brought her in, a shattered small...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XaXaXa b bcXcXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10 11000101 01 00101101 0101 1101010000 0111 11 11010101 11 010101010 10101 1111001111 0111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 79
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Suicide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.